Terms & Conditions 2015
DAILY RATES INCLUDE (unless otherwise specified):
- Full time services of licensed Professional Hunters.
- Services of all camp staff, trackers and skinners.
- Accommodation, all meals, coffees, teas and juices.
- Table wines.
- Laundry Services.
- Skinning and field preparation of trophies.
- Airport pick-up and drop-off and road transportation to and from the Airport.
- All ground transportation whilst on Safari.
- Use of the hunting vehicles.
- Transport of all field prepared trophies/skins to the Mugaba Safaris accredited taxidermist.
- Local licenses and permits for specific animals.
DAILY RATES EXCLUDE (unless otherwise specified):
- Value Added Tax (VAT) as determined by the South African Revenue Services (SARS) is currently set at 14%, payable on Daily Rates.
- Accommodation prior to and after Safari, unless otherwise specified in certain Mugaba Safaris Packages.
- Day (or night) of arrival and departure to be charged at US$ 250.00 per person per day, for the day or night of arrival, unless otherwise specified in certain Mugaba Safaris Packages.
- Commercial and International flights or Personal charters to and from the concessions, unless otherwise specified in certain Mugaba Safaris Packages.
- Trophy fees of animals hunted or wounded, unless included in an existing package.
- Voluntary Professional Hunting Association Conservation Levy. The fund has been established as a financial resource which will be used to assist PHASA and the professional hunting industry in its efforts to promote and maintain the wise consumptive use of the natural resources of South Africa. Funds are obtained by means of a levy implemented on each animal hunted by an overseas client (US$10 or Euro10 per animal). The client, on completion of the hunt, will pay the levy to the hunting outfitter, who in turn pays the monies over to the Conservation Fund. For more information visit the PHASA website at: http://www.phasa.co.za
- Taxidermy work and shipping of trophies to final destination. This is to be negotiated between the taxidermy and the client. Mugaba Safaris partners with Highveld Taxidermists and Life Form Taxidermy to see to your Taxidermy requests.
- Rifle hire (various caliber rifles available for hire at US$25.00 per rifle per day, excluding ammunition).
- Gratuities to camp staff, trackers and skinners.
- Pre-baiting costs for Leopard. Usually Impala female is used for bait on Leopard. The costs for bait depend on the amount of animals needed to keep the cat on the bait. Usually 2 Impala female is sufficient at a cost of US$ 100 per animal.
- Any other costs incurred not related to the hunting Safari, including daytrip- / excursion costs to tourist destinations.
- Minimum rifle requirements: .270 for Plainsgame, .375 for Dangerous Game and a Shotgun for blue duiker, Suni and Red Duiker.
- Minimum bow setup requirements will be issued on booking.
- Hunting of certain species subject to the availability of permits and licenses as regulated by the South African Department of Nature Conservation and the respective provincial regulators.
- It is important to note that certain species are listed under CITES (Convention in the Trade of Endangered Species and Wildlife). This means that for certain animals you will have to apply to your own authorities and at your own cost for the import permit into your country of domicile, prior to your Safari. Due to the ever-changing status of Africa's wildlife, is it advisable that one should check regularly to ensure that you are aware of these changes. For the ordinary hunt, CITES animals include Leopard, Lion, Rhino and Elephant. For more information, please refer to the CITES website at http://www.cites.org.
- Due to the nature of travel and hunting in Africa, rates and conditions are subject to change. Mugaba Safaris reserves the right to alter or change any rates or the above conditions without prior notice subject to implementation or variations of taxes or levies by any authority or the government. Rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honored.
- Whilst all reasonable precautions are taken to safeguard our guests and their property, no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any incident as a result of an accident, injury, damage, illness, loss to person or property or negligence etc. before, during or after your Safari will be accepted by Mugaba Safaris, the Outfitter, the Professional hunters, its marketing staff or agents or any of its staff members. We therefore strongly advise that you make the necessary arrangements to ensure that you and your group are the beneficiaries of a travel insurance policy covering at least injury, death, medical costs, emergency evacuation, repatriation, loss of or damage to personal belongings (due to theft or otherwise) and cancellation for the duration of your stay in South Africa.
- Please note that the booking and all services carried out in terms of the booking will be subject to South African law and the jurisdiction of South African courts.
- All clients are advised that a release or indemnity form is to be signed on the day of arrival.
- Bookings are confirmed on receipt of a 50% deposit payable on the cost of a package, unless otherwise specified. Balance payments of the package cost should be made one (1) month prior to the commencement date of the Safari. Upgrades, any other additional Safari expenses and add-on species hunted payable on the last day of the Safari. Invoices will be issued on the last day of the Safari.
- A deposit of 50% of the daily rates of a custom built package will confirm a booking of a custom built package. Balance payments of the package cost should be made one (1) month prior to the commencement date of the Safari. Upgrades, any other additional Safari expenses and add-on species hunted payable on the last day of the Safari. Invoices will be issued on the last day of the Safari.
- Mugaba Safaris reserves the right NOT to reimburse a client for any Trophy or Daily rates on packages for hunting days not honored or animals not hunted.
- Mugaba Safaris guarantees its service offerings with a full money back on daily rates policy. We do not, however, accept ANY liability for poor service delivery from our accommodations providers, trophies taken that do not comply with Rowland Ward or Safari Club International record criteria, service delivery from our Tourism partners or product quality from our Taxidermy partner, or any other claim against which Mugaba Safaris has had no direct control. Claims will be handled on merit and any disputes will be subject to South African law and the jurisdiction of South African courts.
- Payments to be made in cash, with credit card or wire transfers. We can only accept VISA and MASTERCARD credit card payments. We do not accept any cheque payments, including personal, company and traveler’s cheques.
- On cancellation of a booking Mugaba Safaris reserves the right to retain the deposit and by the sole discretion of Mugaba Safaris may be transferred to the next hunting season where after the full deposit will be forfeited.
- Only one hunter allowed per package, unless otherwise stated in certain Mugaba Safaris Packages. Package conditions apply.
- Observers are not allowed to hunt. Should an observer wish to hunt, a rate of US$ 400 will be charged for a hunting day or part thereof. In this case, the observer may not hunt animals from a package, but he/she is welcome to hunt animals from the Add-on species list.
- Services and packages offered in non-South African countries subject to the Terms and Conditions of our Tourism and Professional Hunting partners in the country where the service or package is offered. Mugaba Safaris may not act in the capacity of an operator in any country other than South Africa, and is subject to make use of service providers and registered partners in the country of question.
- Some non-hunting related packages require to be conducted by a registered South African Tour Operator. Mugaba Safaris is a registered Tour operator in this regard.
- All clients are to sign the Remuneration Agreement before the Day of Arrival.
- Exchange rate fluctuations may occur. This will be accounted for in compiling the final quote of the Safari.
- All $-rates quoted refer to United States Dollars (US$).
- Errors and omissions excluded.